Responsible Gaming on the HarrahsCasino.com Real-Money Platform
Promoting Responsible Gaming
At Caesars Interactive Entertainment New Jersey LLC (the “Company” or “we”), we want all of our customers to enjoy real-money gambling as a planned and budgeted entertainment option – like an evening out for dinner, the theater, or a sporting event. But, as with many other things in life, it is possible to get too much of a good thing. Moderation is the key for all who gamble.
- The decision to gamble is a personal choice. No one should feel pressure to gamble – from others or themselves.
- Gambling should not be perceived as essential to having a good time.
- Limits should be set before starting to gamble. Money spent on gambling should be considered the cost of entertainment. People should gamble only with money they can afford to lose. A person who chooses to gamble should set time and monetary limits and adhere to them.
- There are times when people should not gamble. Certain emotional states can heighten the risks associated with gambling. Avoid gambling when feeling lonely, angry, depressed, stressed, or when coping with the death of a loved one. Similarly, gambling should not be used as a way to solve personal or family problems, or to impress others. Never gamble when it interferes with work or family responsibilities, when in recovery for addictive disorders or dependencies, when the gambling is illegal, or when trying to make up for prior gambling losses.
- Excessive use of alcohol when gambling can be risky. Irresponsibly using alcohol can affect a person’s judgment and interfere with the ability to adhere to predetermined limits.
- You may seek professional help from the following organizations:
- Council on Compulsive Gambling New Jersey
- National Council on Problem Gambling
Preventing Underage Gambling
It is illegal for anyone under 21 to gamble for real-money on HarrahsCasino.com.
We perform an electronic verification using a third-party data reference company to validate the age and identity of all customers. We reserve the right to ask for age verification information from the player and suspend the player’s account until he provides information that verifies appropriate age to our satisfaction.
Unfortunately, no system is foolproof. If you know a person under 21 who is registered with the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform, please notify our customer support team. If a person with an account is found to be under the age of 21, such person’s account will be terminated. Any initial deposits made by such person in their account shall be returned within 60 business days of cancellation, subject to the New Jersey Division of Enforcement’s (the “NJDGE”) approval. The Company reserves its discretion with respect to the refund of any bonus granted to or winnings gained by such person. Other legal ramifications may also apply.
Looking Out for Kids
Responsible gaming means making sure parents understand the importance of supervising their children’s online activities. The internet is readily accessible in many homes around the world. As a result, gaming companies and parents must work together to protect children from underage gambling. To ensure the safety of your children, we recommend installing filtering software to block minors from accessing certain websites and programs.
Tips for parents:
- Do not leave children unattended near your computer when you are logged into your HarrahsCasino.com real-money account.
- Do not allow persons under 21 to participate in any gambling activity.
- Keep your HarrahsCasino.com real-money username, password, and deposit method details out of the reach of children.
- Educate your children about the illegality and potential dangers of underage gambling.
Most gamblers are casual gamblers – they do it for fun and entertainment. Experts agree that casual gambling with affordable wagers can be a harmless, enjoyable pastime. Responsible gamblers understand that gambling entails risk. That is why gambling responsibly means setting predetermined, acceptable limits. People who set responsible limits are gambling with funds they can afford to lose. Those limits differ from person to person, according to their financial situations. Setting those limits – and sticking to them – is crucial. A player can establish his own limits by developing a set of personal guidelines to determine whether, when, and how much to gamble.
We want players to enjoy their online gaming and gamble responsibly. Therefore, on the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform, a player can set the following limits on his account:
- Playing time limit
- Deposit limit
- Loss limit
Playing Time Limit
A player can set a daily playing time limit, in order to notify such player of the amount of time he has spent playing on HarrahsCasino.com in a calendar day.
As soon as a player reaches the playing time limit set, such player will receive a pop-up notification.
A player can set and adjust his playing time limit on HarrahsCasino.com through the My Account page accessible from the My Account menu.
When the playing time limit is initially set by a player, the playing time limit will apply to the calendar day in which it is set. Any decrease to a player’s playing time limit will take effect subject to his affirmation of any such increase. Any increase to a player’s playing time limit will take effect when the player next logs into his account, following the conclusion of the calendar day in which the increase is set.
A player’s set playing time limit shall automatically renew unless adjusted.
A player can set a deposit limit on HarrahsCasino.com, in order to limit the amount of money he can deposit into his account on a rolling 24 hour period, rolling seven day period or a rolling monthly period (a rolling period means that a deposit limit will always be calculated by looking back at the past 24 hours, 7 days or 30 days, as applicable, and not over a calendar day, calendar week or calendar month). The player will receive a pop up notification which he will have to confirm for the deposit limit to take effect.
As soon as a player reaches his deposit limit, such player will receive a pop up notification advising him that he can no longer make any further deposits into his account until a new rolling daily, weekly or monthly time period begins (as applicable).
A player can set and adjust his deposit limit for HarrahsCasino.com for a rolling 24 hour period by selecting “My Account’ and then clicking on “Responsible Gaming”.
All other deposit limits on HarrahsCasino.com can be set and adjusted through the My Account page accessible from the My Account menu.
Any decrease to a player’s deposit limit will take effect immediately.
Any increase to a deposit limit will take effect 30 days following the player making the change to his deposit limit and the player logging into his account following the expiration of the aforementioned 30 day period. By way of example, if a player sets a $100 deposit limit on a weekly basis, and during such period a player wishes to increase his deposit limit to $200, the increase will only take effect the first time the player logs into his account following 30 days from when the player has increased his deposit limit
Please Note: If a player has requested to increase his deposit limit during the applicable period, the player will not be able to increase the deposit limit requested again until after the first request has come into effect.
A player’s set deposit limit shall automatically renew unless adjusted.
A player can set a loss limit, in order to restrict the amount of money which he can lose on a:
(i) calendar day- beginning at 12.00 am on the day when the loss limit comes into effect and ending at 11:59 pm on such day;
(ii) calendar week- beginning on a Monday at 12:00 am of the week when the loss limit comes into effect and ending on the Sunday of such week at 11:59 pm;
(iii) calendar month- beginning on the first calendar day of the month at 12:00 am of the when the playing time limit comes into effect and ending on the last day of the month at 11:59 pm; or
(iv) a combination of the three points above.
The loss limit is calculated as follows: A player’s winnings – A player’s losses during the applicable period.
As soon as a player reaches his loss limit, such player will receive a pop up notification advising him that he cannot play for real money until a new daily, weekly or monthly period begins (as applicable).
A player can set and adjust his playing time limit on HarrahsCasino.com through the My Account page accessible from the My Account menu.
Any decrease to a player’s loss limit will take effect immediately. Any increase to a player’s loss limit will only take effect once the applicable time period set has expired and the player logs into his account following the expiry of such period.
If we withhold or delay the payment of any winnings of a player for any reason (e.g. a player having his winnings withheld in accordance with any taxation reporting requirements), the winnings released into such player’s bankroll will not be included within any calculations with regard to the loss limits set by the player until the loss limit which is currently in force when the winnings are released expires.
Please Note: A player may request to increase his loss limit multiple times during the time period set, the last request made during such period will come into effect once the relevant time period has expired and the player next logs into his account following the expiry of such period.
A player’s set loss limit shall automatically renew unless adjusted.
If, at any stage, a player wishes to take a break from gambling, he can request a cooling off period from the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform of 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, or 5 months by contacting a representative by email or live chat 24 hours a day.
During the “cooling-off” period a player’s HarrahsCasino.com account will be suspended and HarrahsCasino.com will take all reasonable measures to make sure the player does not receive promotional offers. This suspension is irrevocable during the “cooling-off” period. The player’s HarrahsCasino.com account will automatically re-open at the end of the selected “cooling-off” period. A player may withdraw their remaining bankroll during this period.
If, at any stage, a player becomes concerned about his gambling, he can make a request online to be self-excluded from the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform for periods of 1 year or 5 years. A player may request self-exclusion for the aforementioned periods through the My Account page accessible from the My Account menu.
Players may permanently self-exclude themselves by submitting a request in-person at a location designated by the NJDGE.
Once a player self-excludes, we will block his account. Any new accounts he attempts to open during the period of his self-exclusion will also be blocked as soon as they are detected. In addition, we will take all reasonable measures to make sure the player does not receive any promotional material during this time.
Please note! Should a player download any of our applications to his device and agree to receive push notifications, We will not be able to block such player’s receipt of such notifications even if the payer chooses to self-exclude from the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform. The only way to prevent receipt of such notifications is via the device itself or by deleting the application.
By self-excluding, the player is authorizing the NJDGE to direct all New Jersey Internet gaming licensed permit holders to restrict his gaming activities in accordance with the self-exclusion request and until such time as the NJDGE removes his name from the Self-Exclusion List, in response to such player’s application to terminate his voluntary self-exclusion. In the case of a 1 year or 5 year self-exclusion period, a player can only remove himself from the Self-Exclusion List by appearing in person at one of the NJDGE Offices or at the offices or racetracks of the New Jersey Racing Commission. A request for permanent self-exclusion is irrevocable, and the player’s account on the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform will not be eligible for reinstatement.
Finally, we reserve the right to exclude a player at our discretion from all casino properties and online sites which are owned, operated or managed by the Company and its affiliates if we determine there is a reasonable risk that the player is not gambling responsibly and he refuses to self-restrict or self-exclude.
When Might Gambling Be a Problem?
The following highlights a number of questions a player should ask himself and his loved ones to help identify potential signs of a gambling problem. While these questions are not a diagnostic, psychological, or medical test and should not be used as such, many people who have called gambling help lines have answered yes to one or more of the following questions:
- Do you lose time from work due to gambling?
- Is gambling making your home life unhappy?
- Is gambling affecting your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to get money to help pay debts or solve other financial difficulties?
- Does gambling decrease your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible to win back your losses?
- After a win, do you have a strong urge to continue and win more?
- Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold any real estate or personal property to finance gambling?
- Are you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
- Does gambling ever make you careless about the welfare of your family?
- Do you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Do you ever gamble to escape worries or trouble?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Does gambling make you have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create an urge to gamble?
- Do you have an urge to celebrate good fortune with a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destructive behavior as a result of your gambling?
Know when to stop before you start.® If you think you or someone you care about may have a gambling problem please call 1-800-GAMBLER.
For assistance regarding anything else related to HarrahsCasino.com, please do not hesitate to contact us.