Responsible Gaming on the HarrahsCasino.com Real-Money Platform
Promoting Responsible Gaming
At Caesars Interactive Entertainment New Jersey LLC (the “Company” or “we”), we want all of our customers to enjoy real-money gambling as a planned and budgeted entertainment option – like an evening out for dinner, the theater, or a sporting event. But, as with many other things in life, it is possible to get too much of a good thing. Moderation is the key for all who gamble.
- The decision to gamble is a personal choice. No one should feel pressure to gamble – from others or themselves.
- Gambling should not be perceived as essential to having a good time.
- Limits should be set before starting to gamble. Money spent on gambling should be considered the cost of entertainment. People should gamble only with money they can afford to lose. A person who chooses to gamble should set time and monetary limits and adhere to them.
- There are times when people should not gamble. Certain emotional states can heighten the risks associated with gambling. Avoid gambling when feeling lonely, angry, depressed, stressed, or when coping with the death of a loved one. Similarly, gambling should not be used as a way to solve personal or family problems, or to impress others. Never gamble when it interferes with work or family responsibilities, when in recovery for addictive disorders or dependencies, when the gambling is illegal, or when trying to make up for prior gambling losses.
- Excessive use of alcohol when gambling can be risky. Irresponsibly using alcohol can affect a person’s judgment and interfere with the ability to adhere to predetermined limits.
- You may seek professional help from the following organizations:
- Council on Compulsive Gambling New Jersey
- National Council on Problem Gambling
Preventing Underage Gambling
It is illegal for anyone under 21 to gamble for real-money on HarrahsCasino.com.
We perform an electronic verification using a third-party data reference company to validate the age and identity of all customers. We reserve the right to ask for age verification information from the player and suspend the player’s account until he provides information that verifies appropriate age to our satisfaction.
Unfortunately, no system is foolproof. If you know a person under 21 who is registered with the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform, please notify our customer support team. If a person with an account is found to be under the age of 21, such person’s account will be terminated. Any initial deposits made by such person in their account shall be returned within 60 business days of cancellation, subject to the New Jersey Division of Enforcement’s (the “NJDGE”) approval. The Company reserves its discretion with respect to the refund of any bonus granted to or winnings gained by such person. Other legal ramifications may also apply.
Looking Out for Kids
Responsible gaming means making sure parents understand the importance of supervising their children’s online activities. The internet is readily accessible in many homes around the world. As a result, gaming companies and parents must work together to protect children from underage gambling. To ensure the safety of your children, we recommend installing filtering software to block minors from accessing certain websites and programs.
Tips for parents:
- Do not leave children unattended near your computer when you are logged into your HarrahsCasino.com real-money account.
- Do not allow persons under 21 to participate in any gambling activity.
- Keep your HarrahsCasino.com real-money username, password, and deposit method details out of the reach of children.
- Educate your children about the illegality and potential dangers of underage gambling.
Most gamblers are casual gamblers – they do it for fun and entertainment. Experts agree that casual gambling with affordable wagers can be a harmless, enjoyable pastime. Responsible gamblers understand that gambling entails risk. That is why gambling responsibly means setting predetermined, acceptable limits. People who set responsible limits are gambling with funds they can afford to lose. Those limits differ from person to person, according to their financial situations. Setting those limits – and sticking to them – is crucial. A player can establish his own limits and provide direction to others by developing a set of personal guidelines to determine whether, when, and how much to gamble.
We want players to have a great time on our site and gamble responsibly. On the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform, a player can set the following limits on his account:
- Playing time limit
- Deposit limit
- Loss limit
In addition to setting his own limits, a player can request to adjust his limits at any time online on the My Account page accessible from the My Account menu. A player may decrease the limits which they have set at any time. Any decreases to a player’s playing time limit or loss limit shall become effective the next time the player logs into his gaming account. Any decrease to a player’s deposit limit shall become effective immediately. If a player wishes to increase any of his playing limits or loss limit, he may only do so once the previously set limit has expired. A player may only increase his deposit limit after 30 days from when the previous deposit limit has been set. If a player needs help, customer support is available 24 hours a day to assist him.
If, at any stage, a player wishes to take a break from gambling, they can request a cooling off period from the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform of 7 days, 14 days , 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, or 5 months. This request can be made on a PC/Mac, when a player is logged into their HarrahsCasino.com account, by clicking on “My Account”> “My Account”> “Responsible Gaming” > “Self Exclusion.” This request can also be made using a mobile device, when a player is logged into their HarrahsCasino.com account, by clicking on “My Account” > “Responsible Gaming” > “Self Exclusion.” Players may also contact Support via phone, email and/or chat for assistance.
During the “cooling-off” period a player’s HarrahsCasino.com account will be suspended and HarrahsCasino.com will take all reasonable measures to make sure the player does not receive promotional offers. This suspension is irrevocable during the “cooling-off” period. The player’s HarrahsCasino.com account will automatically re-open at the end of the selected “cooling-off” period. A player may withdraw their remaining bankroll during this period.
If, at any stage, a player becomes concerned about his gambling, he can make a request online to be self-excluded from the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform for periods of 1 year or 5 years. A player may request self-exclusion for the aforementioned periods through the My Account page accessible from the My Account menu.
Players may permanently self-exclude themselves by submitting a request in-person at a location designated by the NJDGE.
Once a player self-excludes, we will block his account. Any new accounts he attempts to open during the period of his self-exclusion will also be blocked as soon as they are detected. In addition, we will take all reasonable measures to make sure the player does not receive any promotional material during this time.
By self-excluding, the player is authorizing the NJDGE to direct all New Jersey Internet gaming licensed permit holders to restrict his gaming activities in accordance with the self-exclusion request and until such time as the NJDGE removes his name from the Self-Exclusion List, in response to such player’s application to terminate his voluntary self-exclusion. In the case of a 1 year or 5 year self-exclusion period, a player can only remove himself from the Self-Exclusion List by appearing in person at one of the NJDGE Offices or at the offices or racetracks of the New Jersey Racing Commission. A request for permanent self-exclusion is irrevocable, and the player’s account on the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform will not be eligible for reinstatement.
Please note that any request for exclusion from the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform will also apply to all casinos and gambling facilities owned, operated, or managed by the Company and its affiliates. In other words, the player agrees not to gamble or even visit any part of a facility – including gaming areas, gaming floors, restaurants, hotels, pari-mutuel gaming areas, pavilions, entertainment venues, and any other area of a gambling complex – at any property owned, operated, or managed by the Company or its affiliates during the period of his self-exclusion.
Finally, we reserve the right to exclude a player at our discretion if we determine there is a reasonable risk that the player is not gambling responsibly and he refuses to self-restrict or self-exclude.
When Might Gambling Be a Problem?
The following highlights a number of questions a player should ask himself and his loved ones to help identify potential signs of a gambling problem. While these questions are not a diagnostic, psychological, or medical test and should not be used as such, many people who have called gambling help lines have answered yes to one or more of the following questions:
- Do you lose time from work due to gambling?
- Is gambling making your home life unhappy?
- Is gambling affecting your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to get money to help pay debts or solve other financial difficulties?
- Does gambling decrease your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible to win back your losses?
- After a win, do you have a strong urge to continue and win more?
- Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold any real estate or personal property to finance gambling?
- Are you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
- Does gambling ever make you careless about the welfare of your family?
- Do you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Do you ever gamble to escape worries or trouble?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Does gambling make you have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create an urge to gamble?
- Do you have an urge to celebrate good fortune with a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destructive behavior as a result of your gambling?
Know when to stop before you start.® If you think you or someone you care about may have a gambling problem please call 1-800-GAMBLER.
For assistance regarding anything else related to HarrahsCasino.com, please do not hesitate to contact us.