In accordance with the regulations issued by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (“NJDGE”), this page provides information which you may find useful in relation to your gaming activity and your account with us.
Caesars Interactive Entertainment New Jersey LLC (“us”) is committed to its players playing responsibly. Additional information may be found in our Responsible Gaming Policy.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800-GAMBLER
We want all of our customers to enjoy real-money gambling as a planned and budgeted entertainment option – like an evening out for dinner, the theater, or a sporting event. But, as with many other things in life, it is possible to get too much of a good thing. Moderation is the key for all who gamble.
- The decision to gamble is a personal choice. No one should feel pressure to gamble – from others or themselves.
- Gambling should not be perceived as essential to having a good time.
- Limits should be set before starting to gamble. Money spent on gambling should be considered the cost of entertainment. People should gamble only with money they can afford to lose. A person who chooses to gamble should set time and monetary limits and adhere to them.
- There are times when people should not gamble. Certain emotional states can heighten the risks associated with gambling. Avoid gambling when feeling lonely, angry, depressed, stressed, or when coping with the death of a loved one. Similarly, gambling should not be used as a way to solve personal or family problems, or to impress others. Never gamble when it interferes with work or family responsibilities, when in recovery for addictive disorders or dependencies, when the gambling is illegal, or when trying to make up for prior gambling losses.
- Excessive use of alcohol when gambling can be risky. Irresponsibly using alcohol can affect a person’s judgment and interfere with the ability to adhere to predetermined limits.
Keep in mind that you always have someone to talk to. You may seek professional help from the following organizations:
On the HarrahsCasino.com real-money platform, a player can set the following limits on his account:
- Playing time limit
- Deposit limit
- Loss limit
In addition to setting his own limits, a player can request to adjust his limits at any time online on the My Account page accessible from the My Account menu. A player may decrease the limits which they have set at any time. Any decreases to a player’s playing time limit or loss limit shall become effective the next time the player logs into his gaming account. Any decrease to a player’s deposit limit shall become effective immediately. If a player wishes to increase his playing limit or loss limits, he may only do so once the previously set limit has expired. A player may only increase his deposit limit after 30 days from when the previous deposit limit has been set. If a player needs help, customer support is available 24 hours a day to assist him.
Risks Associated With Gambling
Gambling can have an impact on a players life, some of the risks associated with gambling are:
- Losing more money than you budget for.
- Spending more time gambling than you intend.
- Neglecting loved ones.
- Declining self-esteem.
- Increased stress and anxiety.
- Developing a preoccupation with gambling.
- Placing increasingly larger bets in order to get a rush.
- Gambling to escape or to improve your mood.
- Playing to escape from reality.
- Heightened states of euphoria which may affect your judgment.
When Might Gambling Be a Problem?
The following highlights a number of questions a player should ask himself and his loved ones to help identify potential signs of a gambling problem. While these questions are not a diagnostic, psychological, or medical test and should not be used as such, many people who have called gambling help lines have answered yes to one or more of the following questions:
- Do you lose time from work due to gambling?
- Is gambling making your home life unhappy?
- Is gambling affecting your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to get money to help pay debts or solve other financial difficulties?
- Does gambling decrease your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible to win back your losses?
- After a win, do you have a strong urge to continue and win more?
- Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold any real estate or personal property to finance gambling?
- Are you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
- Does gambling ever make you careless about the welfare of your family?
- Do you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Do you ever gamble to escape worries or trouble?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Does gambling make you have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create an urge to gamble?
- Do you have an urge to celebrate good fortune with a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destructive behavior as a result of your gambling?
Myths Associated with Gambling
Players often believe in false myths regarding gambling. While the list below is by no means an exhaustive list of gambling myths, some of the more commonly held myths are:
- A player’s luck changes the more he gambles.
- If a player increases the value of his bets, he will win his money back.
- That a player can have a lucky day.
- Tracking previous results can help a player forecast the coming results.
- If a player plays on more than one casino game or in more than one poker game at a time, he will increase his chances of winning.
- That a player can develop a special strategy that will help him win.
- Knowing a game well will increase a player’s chances of winning.
- It’s not possible to become addicted to something like gambling.
- To be a problem gambler a player has to gamble every day.
- If a player can afford to gamble then he can’t be a problem gambler.
- Only irresponsible people become addicted to gambling.
- Problem gambling is easy to recognize.
Changing or Resetting Your Password
If you have forgotten your password, you may reset it by selecting “Forgot/Change Password” from the login screen, providing your username, and answering the security question with which you are prompted. You will receive an email within 72 hours containing a link to reset your password.
You can also change your password by logging into your account, selecting “My Account” from the menu, and choosing “My Account”, from where you can choose a new password, and click “Save Changes” to complete the process.
In accordance with New Jersey regulations, you may elect to activate “strong authentication” log in protection for your account. Once enabled, the strong authentication feature will apply any time you log in to your account, until you choose to disable the feature. To activate strong authentication, go to the “My Account – Change password” page.
You may email NJSupport@harrahscasino.com at any time if you require assistance.
To file a complaint with us please email NJSupport@harrahscasino.com, and include all relevant facts and circumstances. You are required to use all reasonable means to resolve complaints pertaining to the provision of online gaming services directly with us. If you have exhausted all such reasonable means, you may use the NJDGE’s Internet Dispute Form.
Terms of Service
The HarrahsCasino.com Terms of Service can be found here
Account and Game History
You can obtain account and game history by logging into your account on HarrahsCasino.com and choosing “My Account” from the menu. Selecting “My History” will allow you to view the results of the games you have played. Selecting “Account Statement” will allow you to generate reports showing all transaction and game play detail.
It is a criminal offense for persons under the age of 21 to gamble. Anyone who facilitates a person under the age of 21 to gamble has committed a criminal offense, and shall be prohibited from Internet gaming.
It is your responsibility to configure your client terminal’s auto-lock feature to protect your client terminal from unauthorized use.
You are prohibited from allowing any other person to access or use your account on HarrahsCasino.com.
Federal Prohibitions and Restrictions
There are several Federal prohibitions and restrictions regarding Internet gaming which include, but are not limited to, 18 U.S.C. §§ 1084 et seq. (the “Wire Act”) and 31 U.S.C. §§ 3163 through 3167 (the “Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act”). It is a Federal offense for persons physically located outside of New Jersey to engage in Internet wagering through a New Jersey casino, unless explicitly authorized by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.